Gifting homemade gifts is one of the most special ways to show someone that you really care about them. Homemade gifts always come from the heart and are a true labor of love. Making fun gifts can be a lot of fun as well. One of the easiest and most delicious homemade gift ideas is a cookie in jar gift. It makes cooking a breeze for the recipient and they are absolutely adorable! This simple gingerbread cookie mix in a jar recipe is delicious. It is layered in a one quart canning jar and makes a great Christmas gift for friends, teachers, neighbors, expecting parents, and most everyone else really. Just place the ingredients in the jar in a layererd look, then decorate the lid and add a cookie cutter or wooden spoon, and you are done- simple chic diy holiday gift.
Gingerbread Cookie Mix In a Jar Recipe:
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
1. Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and allspice. In a 1 quart, wide mouth canning jar, layer the ingredients starting with the flour and baking powder mixture, then the brown sugar, and finally the flour and spice mixture. Pack firmly between layers.
2. Attach a card to the jar with the following directions: Gingerbread Cookies 1. Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend together. Mix in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses, and 1 slightly beaten egg. Dough will be very stiff, so you may need to use your hands. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour. 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
4. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Decorate as desired.