Yes, you heard me right… I am claiming this recipe as the best peanut butter cookie recipe in the world! I am nuts for it, no pun intended (haha). Ok, all joking aside I really do think this is an amazing recipe- tell me if I am wrong!
This cookies are soft and chewy, and crunchy all at the same time with a ton of peanut butter flavor to amuse any cookie lover. This recipe started off so much different years ago and I have fine tuned it over the years, my biggest secret being the peanut butter itself. I have tried a number of different peanut butters and I found that getting the consistency right is absolutely necessary otherwise you are going to end up with dry cookies (not bad tasting mind you, but still dry and crumbly). Some of the peanut butters just don’t add the right moisture to the batter so when I found the right one, I was thrilled! I hope you love these peanut butter cookies as much as we do.
* 1 cup unsalted butter
* 1 1/2 cup *skippy natural crunchy peanut butter
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1. Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir into batter. Put batter in refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes or until cookies begin to brown. Do not over-bake.